Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The First Broken Arm



I’ve been in love with dancing since my childhood. I’ve always danced wherever I wanted. I’ve already danced in the middle of the street, in my classroom, under the water and in the shopping mall. It’s never been bad for me, except one time when I tried to dance on a bus.

When I was in the sixth grade, we went to a farm hotel with the school. The hotel was a little bit far from where we were and, therefore, we had to do something to kill time: we chose dancing. However, dancing inside the bus was not a good idea. Even so, we didn’t mind and started to dance in the middle of the bus. We were having fun as if we were at a party, the music was great and the people were really excited.

Then, something that would destroy my happiness happened. Suddenly, the bus that was going a little fast stopped and everybody fell down. Nonetheless, I tried to hold the iron of the seat and everybody fell down above my arm. I screamed a lot but in vain, my arm was already broken. The worst part of this story is that we were just arriving and I really wanted to enjoy myself that day. Thus, I involved my arm with a band and went to have fun with my friends. When I came home, however, I had to go the hospital to plaster my arm.

Almost everybody that hears this story will probably think that I have regretted dancing inside the bus, but if someone asked me if I would do it again I would say yes because it showed me that I can do whatever I want if I know how to deal with the consequences. Even with my arm hurting I enjoyed the trip and it’s certainly true that I will never forget that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment